From:
Darlene Herauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 19:22:03 EDT
Well, I'm going to seriously start thinking about a shelter or pet store
license. : )  Last week we took in my SO's mother's cat (she was added to
our other three cats) and last night we took in a ferret from a man that I
work with (he was added to our three ferrets).  Oh, can't forget the bird
we already had.

Chloe the cat will hardly come out of the kids' room.  And Scooby the
ferret is more than making up for the cat.  Into "everything".  What a
little love, too.  So docile and accepting of everything.  ( Except when
he latched onto my neck when I first picked him up.) He came from a home
with five special needs children, so I'm willing to bet he was handled a
lot.

He took to ferret food immediately, for which I was grateful since he has
that "oh-so-pretty", although tell-tale, orange stripe down his back.
(The "pretty" part really was sarcasm) He also took to the vet
immediately.  But had to be shown that Ferretone really is good stuff.

He's not only loving but also the biggest ferret I've ever seen.  All of
the others are runts compared to him.  Well, I guess they really are.
Weights range from 1.4 - 2.00.  His is only 2.2, not heavy at all, but
he's "huge".  From the way he's eating, though, I'm guessing that the
weight will come "real" fast.

Anyway, just had to welcome Scooby (and Chloe) to the zoo.  I would really
like to open a shelter, just didn't think it would start like this.
Hehehe.

Hug those fuzzies!
Darlene