From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:11:31 EDT
Well we had a private little party here with just us (mom, dad, brother,
and ferrets).  Sean wanted it this way.  He was so cute.  He first ran in
the kitchen and got all the printed off copies of his e-cards from online.
He lined them up on the coffee table.  Then he ran and got his four
presents from us and put them on the floor.  He then put up the gates and
brought up all the ferrets.  He was upset because poor Smoke (my rescue
from NJ) tries to hurt my ferret, and because Rocky tries to hurt Smoke.
He wanted Smoke to be part of it all though.  No problem.  I held Smoke
in my lap.  That is where he prefers to be anyway.  He was sure to put
everything carefully into play like game peices on a game board.
Everything had to be perfect.

It never ceases to amaze me that Sean loves ferrets so much.  He is a
child of ritual with his autism.  Here a ferret touches things, moves
things, hides things, doesn't do what you want (like a dog lol), does
everything "imperfectly" so to speak, and are walking little bundles of
chaos.

He went through everything like a well written out play.  In the midst of
his carefully orchestrated celebration... fuzzy, balls of utter confusion
rumaged all about.  LOL.  Poor brother Chet did the worst thing.  He
disturbed Rocky by petting him while Rocky was sniffing a Sean's present.
LOL.  We had lots of fun though with the boxes and paper, and... errrr,
the FERRETS had fun..  yeah that is what I meant to say..  the ferrets had
fun with the wrapping paper etc.

Sean doubted that Rocky picked out a lollipop.  Brother Chet saved the day
by interjecting, "yes he did too Sean, he went to the store and sniffed
that one.  That is how ferrets choose things, then we bought it for him so
he could give it to you".  Nice save son.  Now normally I would have taken
Rocky to Kmart, etc and had him choose.  This time I didn't.  Funny how
there was a sixth sense going on there huh?

We had a great time.  I think we are having his party on the 20th.  So
wish us luck on that one.  I definately will write to tell you how the
cake baking and decorating goes with Sean and Rocky.

I'm trying to have Sean personally dictate replies to all birthday wishes.
But I have to do it when he is "able".  Sometimes that takes time.  Please
be patient.  Thank you all for helping to make this little boys birthday
extra special.  You guys are the best!

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/