From:
Jennifer H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 19:14:52 -0700
Yes the title is correct :)

It has been a long time since I've posted, but I'm sure many of you
remember me!  I have not been too involved in the ferret community since
KiSta closed, plus a personal scare with my own babies over the summer....

But here I am to make a rather odd request!  I lost my oldest guy, Moe,
who was over 9 years old, about 2 months ago.  Moe had become the favorite
buddy to Alice, a mostly bald middle-aged or so lady who came home from
KiSta the beginning of this year.  Alice has been trying to find a new
buddy since.... For whatever reason, my group has begun picking on Alice
without mercy.  Mostly it was small yelling matches, but this evening, it
took a vicious turn and Alice has a very minor claw or bite on her bare
back.  The injury is not serious, no flowing blood, but she was clearly
upset.  I have decided to remove Alice from the group environment.  I love
this bald little ball of fire and want her to enjoy the remaining time she
has in peace and without trauma!  But, I would like to find her a buddy,
if for no other reason than this half naked lady needs someone else's fur
to keep her warm in the coming months :).  Alice is the most social,
sweetest ferret, does not care who she is with!  And I am looking for the
same in a new cagemate for her!

Due to the number here, I really would like to adopt just a single fuzz
and definitely an older buddy who finds that sleeping 23 of 24 hours is a
good thing :)!!!  I have 12 ferrets in my home at the moment, including 2
rescues that have not been adopted because the one boy is still working on
his human issues!  The two were caged all of their 9 months before
arriving here and were only handled by hands in heavy-duty fireplace
gloves to keep the one from biting!  Needless to say, Zak arrived with
some serious issues.... he is so much better and very playful now, but
still frightens easily.  Not too many people interested in an 'emotionally
needy' ferret!!

If anyone is aware of a ferret meeting our needs, please email me.  The
only concern is that the ferret be tested for ADV before coming home, I
had all ferrets tested this summer and have become extremely aware of the
threat....

I live in Willow Grove in Montgomery County and work in Northeast
Philadelphia.  Email me if you know a loving oldster who could stand to
be spoiled for their remaining time!

Jen and Gang