From:
Christine Barczak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:49:35 -0400
Hello and fuzzie lovers!  We had to take Bandit to the vet yesterday as he
was losing quite a bit of weight and seemed a bit lethargic with some hind
leg weakness.  We took him in and the vet diagnosed insulinoma.  Aside
from knowing it is pretty common in ferrets, I do not know much about it.
We are treating him now with prednisone, which he doesn't like one bit,
and feeding him small meals as often as possible.  Is there anything else
I can do for him?  What should I expect in the months/years to come?  Is
there anything I can do to make him take to the meds better?  Any help
would be welcome.

Thank you!

Christine and the fuzzy angels, Smokey and Bandit