From:
Bre-Ann Rocha <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:17:40 EDT
Good Morning Ferret mommies and daddies

I was wondering, The doctor who called me to tell me about Marley said
that if I didn't get the surgery, then it can and will spread throughout
his entire body, affecting all his organs.

I had received an email from a man named Mike, and he said that what I
described about Marley having, it didn't sound like adrenal cancer.  That
adrenal cancer stays in one place and just gets bigger.

I'm wondering, did the doctor I took Marley to not know what hes talking
about?  Should I request to have all the papers regarding his bloodwork?
I dont see why not, I paid $150.00 for the blood work and it took them
almost 3 weeks for them to return my calls.  I'm not happy with any vet in
my area.  The one that everyone takes their fuzzies to told me not to get
the blood work done, I think she just didn't want to spend the time or the
effort on Marley.  Her office isnt very sanitary looking either.  so thats
a big turn off.  I had E-mailed the list before looking for a new doctor,
and I printed some address' out, and lost them : /

I guess I have 2 questions

1.) Does anyone knows what exactly adrenal disease does in their body,
    does it spread all over, or stay in one place and grow?

2.) I live in Saginaw, MI I need to find a ferret doctor who I can trust
    and that would give my other 6 babies the best treatment.

If anyone lives in this area and goes to Dr. Virginia Leis, shes the one
who told me not to bother with any test's.  She acted like she didnt care.
One of my ferret friends in this area isnt very happy with her either,
she left her boy Aaron at her office for a weekend, and he wasnt even fed,
cleaned up after or anything.  Just thought you would like to know if you
do take your kids to Dr. Leis.

Thanks for reading once again
Bre-Ann
Dante, Nemo, LB, Buddy, Odie & Dohja