From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 10:15:02 -0400
Sandee...
i heard about a place yesterday that has imperfect ferrets EUTHANIZED when
they get them in...the one i specifically heard about was a little blind
girl...they said she had no quality of life being blind...there was
nothing else wrong with her...so they had her killed....please look for
her...it was in the last few days...and tell her i am so sorry...and can
i love her from here?...i did not know anything about her before...and i
guarantee if i had...and had known they would kill her for being blind..
i would have taken her in a heartbeat...i am sorry i was not there for
her...but i did not even know her...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FML friends, ferret lovers...
i heard something yesterday that haunted me all night...i got virtually no
sleep because of this haunting me... this place is a ferret
association/club/shelter group...how can this happen?...no quality of
life?????....give me a break!...i have a little blind girl, Princess
Cissy... and if i did not tell you she was blind...you would never
know...she has the run of 3 rooms...and no...i do not keep all the
furniture and sleep places in the same places for her...i change things
at will...she just sniffs out the places she wants to go and be... does
this sound like no quality of life???

this place does what they call "triage"...selecting who might be adoptable
and discarding the rest?????...that is what it sounds like to me...

this is wrong...way wrong!!!...there ARE ppl out here who will take the
"less than perfect"...

please...if you ever need to turn in your ferrets to a shelter/club...
whatever... check first if they are a "no kill" shelter...otherwise what
you think you are doing "in the best interests of your ferret"...may be a
death sentence...

i know there are lots of horrors out there...but this is something that
was totally unnecessary...she did not have to die...and she was killed
intentionally...by those who were "supposed to be" her caregivers...

please...just check if the shelter you deal with is a no kill shelter...if
it is not...then re-think your choice of shelter to deal with...

this place is not even in my state...i have never been there...and i will
never ever go there...i am not saying who they are...just leaving it up
to each of you who does/will deal with any shelter...check if they are a
"no-kill" shelter...

i can't believe they killed that little blind girl...:(

kat
---
KITY=^..^=KAT and the Kollektive  http://www.geocities.com/ferretlover97
Rascal, Sassy, Wolfie, Monkey, Meeja, Pye, Noodles, Sandi, Hope-HollyHeart,
Eddie, Lucky, Cissy, Uh-Oh, Jack, Sassy-too, Angel, Lefty-LuvBug, and
"Sonny"!...
Holding "Li'l Bear" in my Heart...
Missing pieces of my heart...Marcel, LittleWhiteGirl, Narmy, OldGuy,
D'weezle,  and the biggest pieces of my heart...Charlie and Geezer!
My ferret Afghans! http://www.geocities.com/crochetkat/ferret
Vote for my site at http://www.ultimatetopsites.com/general/fuzziedad/
Where the best ferret pages are located.