From:
the return of weezilarchy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:41:16 -0700
a question for all you fellow newspaper-users out there... where do you
get the "heavy plastic" to put under the papers (and on the walls)?  what
thickness is it?  the thickest sheets i can get at lowe's are 6mm, and it
feels like the furtubes would be able to dig through them and chew through
them (possibly causing a blockage).  if people have used 6mm thick sheet
plastic sucessfully, please let me know?  i wouldn't be too concerned
about it, but loki has a vendetta against all things plastic--their
wonderful ferret freeway is, alas, almost always in the toy box because
he attacks it so viciously.

if i can't get cheap sheet plastic, i can get roll linoleum fairly
inexpensively, and already am using it in places.  i just wanted to look
into the plastic thing before i bought more linoleum at $19 for 6'x9'.

in other news, i am looking into getting wood pellets from a Lowe's in
bradenton, florida and it looks like it may be a go.  if they work well,
i will stock up and probably use them for my cats as well!  can't beat
the price, after all.

if i am successful at getting them, i'll let everyone know.  shelter
operators in my neck of the woods--if they work out and you want to do
a bulk order, let me know and i'll try to clear some garage space and
coordinate it.

-k-

=====
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_   ferrets may nip, but people just suck.