Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 21:04:28 EDT
Linda Doran wrote:
>how will I know if she's suffering too much?  I realize no one on this
>list is God, but do you have any idea how I will know when she's near
>the end? She seems to have=20a seizure about once a week.

Hi, Linda and et al:

From my experience with an insulinomic w/partial pancreatomy (and lymphoma
combined) you are doing everything correctly.

After weekly crashes, the day I helped my Gina along was the a.m. crash I
couldn't get her out of after 45 mintues - rushed to the vet for dextrose
i.v.  Brought her home 12pm and she ate and went back to sleep.=A0 Found
her crashing at 7pm the same day, and with no reaction in an hour's time
after a full, very large syringe of oral dextrose, the decision was made
to help her along - off to the vet we went at 9pm.

Are you using 'gluclose sticks' from your pharmacy?  (For diabetics when bg
low - break open the stick and administer straight dextrose to the gums.
Better than honey or Karo syrup.) It takes b/n 20-45 mintues to come
out=20of the crash.  If at 45 min and no signs of improvement, get her to
the vet for an i.v.  of dextrose.

Hugs, Shari Gunter