From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 09:41:47 -0600
>From:    melissa hooper <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RESPONSE TO POST ABOUT ADVANTAGE
>
>>Permit me to let you in on a secret.  Advantage comes in different sizes,
>>but the fluid contained in all the sizes is the same stuff exactly, just
>>more or less of it.  The best way to buy Advantage is the "Dogs, 55 lb
>>and over".  Then you use a syringe to extract 0.2 ml and apply that to
>>your ferret...
>
>Questions...will the remaining supply be safe for future use?  IOW, will
>it go bad if the tube is opened, or if you create a hole in the tube
>with the needle?  Should it be refridgerated after opening, sealed in an
>airtight package, etc? ...

The cap that comes on the Advantage tube makes a good air tight seal and
if sealed with the cap it will keep for a very long time.  Don't stick
a hole in the tube with the needle, open the tube in the normal manner
then use your needle to suck up the 0.2 ml you need for the ferret.
Take the needle off before applying it to the ferret's neck.  No need to
refridgerate it, but you can if you just want to.  If you do, be sure to
let it warm up before putting it on the ferret.  Not that it will hurt
anything, but that sudden cold will startle it and make it jump.  Any
other questions, feel free to ask.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if the strongest smell in your house is butane.