From:
the return of weezilarchy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 10:01:13 -0700
hrm... where to start!

i guess several months ago... my friend laurie had gotten a pair of ferts
from a humane society.  slinky was the ultimate lap-ferret, and so she
decided to keep him.  ruby, i decided, would do wonderfully with some
friends of mine who were looking for a second fuzzy.

ruby came to my house so they could come meet her.  she was about 8 months
old, albino, tiny, and super-cute.  if they had waited another fifteen
minuts to call me, i never would have parted with her, but ryan and tara
got ahold of me, and ruby got to go live with them.

fast-forward to this week...

tara and i went up to widget's, knowing that they were fairly overloaded
and needed fostering for some of the less-adoptable members of the crew.
i ended up bring home ruby's clone.  five years old, a little fluffier in
the tail, and a little more mellow than ruby, but a dead ringer for her in
size, overall appearance, and lovability.  the kicker?  she also had been
given the name ruby by her previous humans.  she was ostensibly to be
fostered, but i don't think she'll ever be leaving here.

also brought home roxy and daisy to foster.  daisy is a female version of
our wolf--both in looks and personality.  roxy is a dark-haired bombshell
with a slight nipping problem and a jelly-belly.  another friend of mine
will probably be adopting one or the other of them soon--one he decides
which one he wants, i will advertaise for the other and start screening
applicants.  best case scenario, of course, would be that chris takes
both.

so that brought the total up to nine in the house--then, what happens
yesterday?  i had sworn up and down that i would never buy another ferret
from a pet store--but that doesn't keep me from going to play with the
kits on occasion.  well, yesterday my boyfriend and i went to a petstore,
and he was claimed by this beautiful four-month-old DEW with a silver
stripe down her back and tail.  she reacted to him like none of our
ferrets yet have, climbed right up him and started kissing his chin and
face, chewing on his watch strap--basically pulled out all the "i'm cute,
love me and take me home" tricks.  none of our ferrets give him kisses
much--even the ones that will kiss me until my lips fall off!  so, he had
to have her...

so, we have ten ferts in our house.  does that officially make us "the
crazy people with all the ferrets" of the area?

-kat-

=====
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_   ferrets may nip, but people just suck.