From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 11:05:13 -0700
Leslie wrote about the difficulties of bringing wood pellets home without
an auto, and feeling she was of insufficient size to handle the weight of
the sack.

Forty pounds is 4 10 pound sacks of flour or sugar.  It's not all that
much and a persons stature is not a determining factor in carrying 40
pounds.  But the sack IS awkward, and manuvering thru the isles of public
transportation clutching 40 pounds would be difficult for most people.

However - the sack will fit on one of those small suitcase pulling
devices.  I'm sure they have a 'real' name, but it escapes me at the
moment.  Small platform that flops down, bungie straps to secure stuff, a
handle that comes out of the frame.  Set a box on the platform and rest
the end of the sack in it before strapping it down.  If someone doesn't
have one of these already, they are a great investment, and run from $10
to $20.  They are wonderful for taking several cages somewhere.

Another item of note - Home Depot's now offer rental trucks.  For those
whose cars won't hold more than a couple of sacks at a time, you can now
make a larger purchase by renting the pick-up right at the store.

Wow, it's stove pellet season again in the stores, and I managed to get
through the whole summer without running out and going into panic mode.
On the downside, my driving a car all summer with 10 sacks of pellets in
the back and on the seats has probably done wonders for my gas mileage!

Georgia - the left coast one...