From:
Shelley Trulock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:27:07 EDT
In all the sadness in today's world, thought a funny story may be of some
good.

I have 2 ferrets that were adopted from The Dook Nook here in Jacksonville,
Florida.  Can't say enough good things about the shelter and the shelter
mom.  But thats a different post.

One of my guys is so laid back that he was any more so he wouldn't be
breathing.  Very mellow fellow to say the least.  The other is the younger
of the two and to say the least he is very energetic.

Well, I've heard of kids irritating parents when they are on the phone,
but have you heard of ferrets doing this?  My energetic one has decided
that mom doesn't need to talk to anyone on the phone.  You know, this does
take the attention away from him and it goes to the phone.  About 1 month
ago he started doing something that cracks me up.  I'll be on the phone
and he'll come up behind me, stand up on his back feet and bite me behind
the knee.  Of course I squeal and he'll back up and look at me as if to
say, "stop talking on the phone and I'll quit." I'll go back to talking,
and then he'll come around the front and do the same thing.  The only time
he does this is when I'm on the phone.  Too funny!

Shelley  :)