From:
"Michael \"Mick\" Schmid" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 03:46:43 -0400
As my fiancee Amy posted, we have been blessed with the chance to adopt
4 of the "Utah ferrets".  One of them, Pirate Sam, is blind in one eye
( apparent cataract) and deaf.  He's definitely a special needs ferret.
But from watching him and his 7 "brothers", you most likely would never
know he was "handicapped".

This little guy is enjoying life to the fullest!  He plays, wardances and
runs around just like the others.  If anything, he's the loudest ferret
we have.  Just because a ferret is handicapped, it does not mean that he
or she cannot enjoy life.  The ferret may need some special attention,
but IMHO it's usually the owner that needs to make an adjustment, not the
ferret.

     Michael "Mick"Schmid
  Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When All Else Fails, Play Dead)