From:
Amy Sodus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 10:03:27 EDT
>Ferrets are crafty little critters as we have all found out.  They are
>good at figuring things out.  Same thing with blind or deaf (or blind
>AND deaf!) guys

That is very true.  I have seen that with my original four, and with the
Utah four that I have adopted.  One in particular, Sam (a silver blaze)
is deaf, and blind in one eye due to a cataract.  He also has some hind
leg weakness and maybe something with his left him.  (they are going to
the vet next Wed) You wouldn't know it.  He does just fine with his three
cagemates, and the original four.  He's right up there with wrestling,
chasing, dooking, wardancing.... The only thing he can't do is jump in
and out of the bathtub.  That is due to his hindleg weakness.  Not his
deafness or blind eye.  He may gain strength like his three cagemates did
and be able to do the bathtub thing.  Doesn't matter, he's so happy he
goes on his crazy wardancing fits a lot.

Amy and the boys
God Bless America