From:
Jodie Broleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 13:40:56 -0700
My sweet heart Big Boy is gone and I still cannot believe it.  He seemed
fine and healthy and playing one day, the next day he seemed sick and
today he is gone.

I rushed him to the vet this morning, but it was too late.  Apparently, he
had a blockage.  And I had only made things worse by forcing him to drink
and eat yesterday.  He tried to tell me he didn't want it, but I kept
assuring him that the food and liquids would help him to get better.

Now that I think about it, I guess he'd been slowing down over the last
few days, but I didn't notice.  By the time I did, I only made things
worse.  I have no idea how long it takes a blockage to start showing up.
If anyone want to yell at me and say I should have noticed something
sooner, there is nothing you could say to me to possibly make me feel any
worse than I already feel.  He's gone.  He went in a painful way and I
could have stopped it.

Sandee, when he gets there, you'll know who is because he's the one who
loves to steal really heavy things (like whole bags of potatoes).  He
likes to sleep in the top bathroom drawer, so he'll probably smell sweet
from the stuff that was in there before he took it over.  He loves to play
and dance.  And if you have any ferrets there who don't get along, he will
help them because he loves everybody and pretty soon they'll learn to
tolerate each other because of him.

I feel selfish being this broken up about a tiny little animal when when
so many folks have lost loved ones and family members.  I just can't seem
to help it.  He was a such a love!

Jodie & three sad fuzzies