From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:49:02 -0700
I just wanted everyone to know that I am taking a break from the FML.  I
thank Melissa Barnes for sending me a very civil and well-written email
regarding my last post.  I also rec'd one that was very unkind and
uncivil, which really upset me and made me think about some who claim to
be good christians.  Good christians would never spew the hatred I was
sent.

In addition to the above, I witnessed my neighbor deliberately kill the
mama squirrel I was caring for - right in front of my eyes.  Yes, I am
going to get legal retribution, but right now, I am in too much shock
over all the events this past week.  I am literally sick to my stomach.
My husband is fit to be tied.

I do want to say something to Judy.  I cannot imagine what it felt like
for you on Tuesday, not knowing if your son was ok or not (I don't want
to know what that felt like).  That must have been awful and I hope
everything is ok.

My faith in humanity has really taken a turn.  I tried to post about the
squirrel incident, but BIG felt it was too off-topic since it was not
about ferrets.  Suffice it to say that the whole incident has traumatized
me beyond words.  Eating, sleeping and working have not been easy.

For now, I cannot handle reading about ferrets passing away, so I am
taking a break in order to regain my strength and emotional well-being.
I am still around for those who want to ask me questions on ferret care,
etc...I just wont be participating on the FML for a little while.

Thank you to those who have shown such kindness and support to me in the
past.  I will enjoy meeting all of you in Vegas.

Take care and God Bless.