From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 13:22:29 -0400
Well, Zeus passed in his sleep last night.  Damon and I don't know what
happened.  We will be having a necropsy done on him Monday and will find
out.

Zeus was an amazing little guy.  He had a very 'matter of fact'
personality and acted that way.  He didn't get too excited over things,
but he did like to take you by surprise with his 'superman' jump and
attack.  He was so funny sometimes and quite the lover boy other times.
He liked to help Damon with the dishes in the evening.  When Damon would
do dishes, Zeus would be put up on the counter and lick up sauces and
stuff that we'd left behind.  Never too much, but it was good fun for him.
He would walk around the appliances, sniff the banana bowl, sometimes
attack a potato that was in the bowl on the counter, and generally had a
good time.  If Damon didn't put him on the counter quick enough, he would
climb the dishwasher.  He would get on the door, grab the top rack and
then from there, get on the counter.  He was definitely a go getter!

When we brought Zeus home, he was a rescue from a bad household.  We were
taking him and his brother Hermes to Jeanine in Sarasota to find them
homes.  We were full up with 5 ferrets and didn't want to take in more.
Well, I fell in love and we chatted with Jeanine for a while and took them
home.  When I got home, Zeus just stayed in my arms and was very calm.  I
think he knew he was home and in a good place.  Him and Hermes both
weighed about 2 pounds apiece.  I took off the next week for camp and when
I got back 9 weeks later, they were both daddy's boys and both were around
2 1/2 pounds and they were fluffy, heavy, and had smooth nice fur.

His favorite activity was cleaning me and Damon.  Especially the back of
the knee or the inside of the elbow.  He would do that closed teeth chew,
lick, lick, lick, and then chomp down and shake his head really hard back
and forth.  I don't know how Damon could take it, but we always laughed
and always encouraged him.  He had the neatest little head and cutest
little ears.  I liked the shape of them.  After he lost his hair to
adrenal, I would hold him and give him belly and back fart-blows.  He
would squirm and get away from me and do the open mouth back up from me.
He didn't like it too much, but he would put up with it because I think
he knew I liked tickling him.  He was such an easy going guy.

Zeus has had adrenal problems and some mass cell tumors, but otherwise,
was always in good health.  He never begrudged us his surgeries and was
always happy to be with us.  We gave him lots of nutrical and treats and
he ate like a horse anyway, so I don't think he was too unhappy here.  He
had such sorrowful eyes and he kinda looked like he carried the weight of
the world sometimes, but was usually a happy go lucky kinda guy.  I can't
convey his personality in writing, but he was a cool kid.

He'll be sorely missed by me and daddy and by his brother.  We are going
to have a necropsy done, so when I know what happened, I'll pass the
information on.

Hugs to everyone and we hope that everyone is safe, happy and healthy.
Kiss your babies for me.

Love - April & Damon
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_