From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 14:19:25 EST
One aspect of autism in a develping baby/todler, is the delay in or total
lack of some social things we take for granted.  Sean never did the patty
cake things.  He started "itsy bitsy spider" before the autism completly
over took him.  Thats all I really saw.  So now he is better, and so grown
up.  But see he missed those little things.  Many childhood things he did
do,,,,he has no recollection of like other kids.

Rocky has some neuro damage and falls over on his back all the time.
Well Rocky had gotten excited and as usual.... rolled over/fell on his
back all excited... I was wiggling my fingers above him exciting him more.
Then I did the "borey" game.  I wiggled my pointy finger and circled it
above Rocky geting closer, and closer, saying to him "borrrrey,,,,
booooooooorey.....".  Then I tickled him and he shook all over all excited.
Sean was absolutely fascinated.  He never saw nursery games like that.
So I had to then get him to roll over so I could show him how.  He also
invited me to show him more like "clap your hands til daddy comes home",
etc.  So now Sean does the borey game with Rocky!!  Rocky is so social
and attentive with eye contact etc.... so its a real kick.

What other games could Sean play with Rocky?  Patty cakes is kinda hard,
daddy comes home is ok, It feels like its been 10 year or so (since my
first child), and I"m at a loss.  Anyway isnt this a real coo for sean?!

Wolfy
Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on ferret deafness: