From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 00:04:22 -0800
I tend to be a lurker now that I'm an outlaw, but I need answers and
quickly.  None of my emails to vets have been answered, so I hope someone
can help me.

I have a 7 year old jill I have had since kithood, and she has been
obnoxiously healthy.  Her stools and appetite are normal, no recent
vaccinations, but all are up to date.  Georgia now has has Insulinoma.
None of the vets close are very experienced with this.  I would gladly
pay for any care she needs - the cost doesn't matter, what bothers me is
that the surgery could do her more harm than good at her age, but I can't
say this is even near the end of her normal life span, because I have 2
much older; a 10 year old jill and a 12 year old hob (and another who is
6) Not kidding or lying about the ages.  I have had these guys for a
looong time.

I'll do whatever I can to keep Georgia healthy, but now I'm at a loss as to
what is the greater evil.  My old folks have never had to have any surgery,
and the worst they suffer from is blindness and stiff joints.  For 7 years
now, they have been on Iams Kitten Food and ferretone/ferretvite for
treats.  None of them has been exposed to ECE (which is another worry;
one of the vets had a patient come through who had it)

A very worried fuzzy mom

[Moderator's note: Already sent her the FAQ and pointed her to
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc/ but I'm sure first-hand experiences
would be helpful.  Lynn?  BIG]