From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 13:49:47 -0500
BSE and Ferrets: since BSE has NOT been seen here in the U.S.  I'd suspect
off-hand that foods made here of U.S. materials would be safe,in general,
and that they would be reasonable things to request your retailers carry,
plus, most are not beef-based, anyway, and certainly not neurological
tissue based.

There is a myth out there that sharks don't get any cancers.  Not true.
(And one thing that bugs me is that some sharks are in serious trouble
from over-fishing, esp. for just parts of them.)

(Yes, do keep the shark meat as Scott advises; if it turns out to be strong
batch then cook it again with cream, mushrooms, peas, onions, ripe bell
peppers, etc. into a shark-a-la-king, or make a cream-based chowder since
the dairy makes it milder.  Yum!)

For cartilage we often cook up chicken legs, remove the cartilage and grind
it in the food processor, then add it to food.  There was a preliminary
study on humans mentioned a few years back in Science News (I believe
that they got the funding for a long and large formal study) in which
improvement were seen in humans with osteoarthritis when chicken cartilage
was ground up and added to orange juice daily.

TanGijeans!  Tanggijenes!  Gimmmmmmmmmmme!

Hey, I just chaced Jumpstart away from the computer.  What are these
misspellings?  Hey, Ashling, don't hit "Send"; Jumper got away from the
fruit bowl!