From:
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 10:53:24 EST
Well I want to thank everyone who has offered to help raise money for the
4 ferrets that came from the lady who's hubby is a jerk.

Thanks to Oscar the ferret for donating his winnings to the shelter, I
don't know what it is but everything helps.

To John, i beleive, for starting the send a buck fundraiser, even if I
only get one buck I appriciate the concern that he has for the ferrets.

To Shannon for writing me to offer to start a raffle, I haven't heard back
form her so until then I don't have any details.

To SOS, they are going to see what they can do to help also.

To Brenda P. for getting started on a new webpage, she took photos so that
everyone can start seeing the shelter ferrets here.

To the Wellingtons for buildong a new home for Drag and also they are
building me a great recovery/intensive care plexigalss cage for the
shelter.  can't wait to get it.

Also to anyone I overlooked, I'm sorry but Thank You all.

The yard sale went ok so I can give my vet a few bucks this week.  I
adopted out 3 ferrets also yesterday, thanks to the new owners for giving
my babies a loving home.

Next week I'll be going to the vets alot to start the ball rolling on all
the ferrets here needing surgery.  We will start with the worst and go
from there.

Mr. Chitters had his adrenal surgery on Sat, heis blood sugar is normal
but he is very anemic, so we sent a blood doner in case he needed it but he
was ok and didn't lose to much blood.  Dr. K went in and removed his left
adrenal, rt was a little large but she didn't touch it due to his poor
condition right now.  she also noticed his kidneys are shrunken, he is in
mid stage if kidney dz, we are going to keep him going with supportave
care, fluids, meds etc daily.  his spitits are good, so they is some hope
for a short but happy life.  she also found a RETAINED TESTICLE, that
wasn't removed at time of neuter, thank you M.F. Great job.  Now i know
why he always had a stronger smell and acted very hob like.  now if i ever
see that again, I'll check out the neuter to see if anything was left
behind.

I think M.F. should start sending shelters donations for all the money we
spend fixing their mistakes.  This also has probably led to Mr. Chitters
health problems, or at least some of them.

I researched the Coati status and I have found out as of now they are
plentiful, and not on the endangered species list, yet.  That is great
news, and now Meeka can become a sports model, LOL.

Cage cleaning is staring me in the face so I need to get geared up and get
on it, really am pooped out from yesterday but oh well!

Take care good folks, till next time,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
"where ferrets are treated like gold, and mom is the gold keeper!"