From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:07:18 EST
Greetings all,

Jaime Wolf wrote.......
>Write to her and explain who you are and what your interests are.  As
>someone else here mentioned, by law, the few shelters that operate
>legally in CA CANNOT adopt to Californians.

Thanks Jamie but living in CA and having two allready, I'm painfully aware
of the legalities.

Joe wrote........
>I think this might be your mistake.  Ferrets Anonymous is not "they" and
>"them"--it's "we." If your local (or state, for that matter) FA group
>isn't living up to your expectations, get involved!

>Joe, I looked for a local group and found out that it had relocated far
>away from where I live but I did check.

Carie wrote.....
>The only thing I can say to you is try again (via myself) and
>see if things change.

Carie, I actually did breifly correspond with you regarding not getting any
response from FA and that was your previous suggestion (i.e. keep trying).
Five months of trying is enough.

Anonymous Poster wrote....
>They are doing their best considering ferrets are ILLEGAL in California.
>People have gone to jail for being too trusting of others as ferrets are
>concerned.

Again, thanks for stating the painfully obvious about the legalities.

I had previously spoken to Jean and she is the one who had recommended
my current Vet in CA and I had hoped she would return my phone calls
and emails based on the fact that she might remember me from those
conversations.  Who ever answers (or does not answer) their emails and
or phone messages did not take any of that in to account.  Even a breif
response would have been more appropriate than no response at all.

Good Health to You and Yours.

[PA]