From:
Kym Zorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 02:57:28 -0500
Wow , what an amazing resource this list is !  I've met some treasured
friends , i.e. Margie in IL, Terri in TX,  Erika in IN, and the list
goes on....

I live in Louisville, KY, and there is a private zoo, Henry's Ark,
nearby.  The folks that run it are seriously dedicated animal people,
and unfortunately, get loads of unwanted pets dumped upon them.  I had
the great good fortune to meet  with Penny Shaeffer, head honcho, and
she gives me a call whenever a ferret comes in.

Enter Squirrel and Erika Vincent.   Squirrel is a lovely little girl
sable who was dropped off at the Ark.  Erika runs the FuzzButt Hut in
Corydon, IN .   I contacted Erika and Penny, and lo and behold, a
permanent home with Erika  for Squirrel !   Yay !   You can read all
about Erika and Squirrel on the last FML, #2001-3327,  post entitled :
new beastie.

Anyhow, what a great match !  Kudos to Erika for her big, warm heart .

Clarification :  Squirrel was not a shelter ferret of mine - she was
brought straight to Henry's Ark.  All the credit for this placement goes
to Penny Schaeffer !

All the best ,

Kym Zorn Long
Wayward Weasel Ferret Rescue

P.S. You can check out Henry's Ark at : [log in to unmask]