From:
Kathy Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 22:08:13 -0600
Hi Everyone
Are you all ready for this one? Got those depends on? Here we go...

Our ferret association here in Manitoba is fairly small compared to others
in Canada and those in the U.S.  However, as most shelters go, we all have
the same basics including a 24-hour hotline that is open to anyone needing
regular or emergency information regarding their beloved furries.  Well
from time to time I'm sure we all get a few strange or weird phone calls
but it just goes with running a hotline and in most cases they are
legitimate.  The one that came in to our person manning the hot-line today
had me wondering if our U.S. neighbors are keeping a BIG secret about
certain breeds of ferrets.LOL  Maybe our cold weather here has frozen a
brain cell or two and we are just not aware these breeds of ferrets exist.
So I ask you, PLEASE tell us the secret of the PURE-BRED CLYDESDALE &
PURE-BRED WHIPPET FERRETS.  The person inquiring about the Clydesdale
ferret asked what kind of a shelter we were if we didn't know about this
breed of ferret, and in no uncertain terms, emphatically stated that they
sold them in the U.S.  Okay, maybe we missed the boat on something.  Maybe
he was referring to an Angora ferret?  Certainly not.  It was definitely a
Clydesdale ferret.  Forgive the stupidity on my part, but the only
Clydesdale I am aware of comes in the form of a horse, an entirely
different species.  So please could anyone tell me of said existence of
this particular ferret. <grin>  This person is going to phone back in about
a week to see if we found one.  Oh ya, and for future reference just in
case, we need information about the pure-bred Whippet ferret as well.

Any takers on this one?  BIG?

Kathy and the Ferret Collective-very confused eh

[Maybe they're just horsin' around?  BIG]