From:
Laura Spearman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 07:14:20 -0800
hi all-

my name is laura and i posted for the first time last week.  i live here
in atlanta and we have a small local shelter in the area, ferret business
of georgia.  (they do a wonderful job!)  i have been reading the posts for
a few weeks now, and i have noticed that most ferret shows and such are
very far away from here.

our "problem" is that ferret lovers in the atlanta area are not really
organized.  i know that there are tons of ferrets around, not only because
of my personal dealings with the shelter here, but everytime i mention to
someone about my ferrets 95% of people say, "oh yeah, i know someone who
has ferrets or i use to have ferrets".

sooooo.....here i am on this post calling all fuzz lovers in and around
the atlanta area!!  we would love to start getting together, become more
orgainized, and it would be great just to have someone local to actually
talk to who also has ferrets.

if this sounds interesting leave a post or you can personally email me at

thanks everyone!!

laura plus-
jake, bailey, abigail, & chickie
**missing caleb**