From:
Laura Spearman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 06:37:15 -0800
>My question is this- when I was bringing her home she started 'crying'-
>such a heartbreaking sound!

when we brought our bailey home he did the same thing.  he made the
strangest noises all the time.  i thought that it was the cutest thing!
he wasnt in any pain and he was having fun exploring his new home.

i thought that it was great that i had a ferret that was more vocal than
my other one, jake.  but as he grew older he became more quite.  nether of
them dooked at all!!  in fact, i didnt even know what dooking was!!

all of that changed when we brought abby home about a year later.  she
started dooking, then my other two started.  now they all run around
dooking all the time.  it was like jake and bailey were thinking, "this
girl is crazy, making all those sounds!!  lets try it out!!!"

now we are one big happy family, most of the time.  now im having trouble
with jake out right attacking abby.  when he does it, she starts screaming!
i have no idea what is provoking this.  but we are working on it, and
hopefully soon jake will calm down.

i have talked with a shelter owner and she has given me a couple of
suggestions like bitter apple and giving them treats at the same time.
im sure that this will work, but sometimes jake can be very hardheaded
about things.

any more suggestions would be appreciated!!

thanks,

laura
jake, bailey, abigail, & chickie

=====