From:
Tina Gutshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:18:20 -0500
I've never posted on the FML before, and have just recently subcribed.  A
good friend introduced me to it and I must say that I think it's wonderful.
Now I normally don't have the time to sit down and read all the letters,
let alone write one, but I honestly feel that I would be doing a disservice
if I didn't get my story out there.  I'm going to try to keep it brief .

I recently lost two ferrets w/in a month of eachother.  I still have a
little girl fuzzie named Bella and thought that she would feel better if
she had a new roomate.  So I went on line and started looking for a breeder
that had a baby boy available.  I found a breeder named Nadine Downs, of
PHOENIX FUZZIE FERRETS.  She told me that she had the cutest little BOY
fuzzie for sale, so I sent her the money, and then she sent me the baby
fuzzie.  Well when I got the baby home it was very apparent that the HE was
a SHE.  Well, I called Nadine and e-mailed her, to find out what happened.
She called me back and was completely dismissive about the whole thing,
even joking w/me saying that I should have my vet confirm the sex, that way
i'll know what to name IT.  She asked me if i liked her and if i wanted to
keep her.  I told her that she was very cute .  But then I got a call from
work and had to hang up w/Nadine but told her that I would call her right
back.  I called her ten minutes later and got no answer, not even her
answering machine.  I continued to try to reach her many times throughout
the day.  Her phone was off the hook most off the day, then finally I got
to leave her a message in the evening, telling her to call me as soon as
possible.  I even e-mailed her as well.  Didn't hear a word from her.  So
I e-mailed her again explaining that though the little girl was very cute,
I specifically wanted and requested a boy.  I told her that I thought I
should be compensated for HER mistake, and that I will not go to all the
trouble of returning the baby girl, "I love all animals and feel that one
long plain trip w/a layover is more than enough for any animal".  Besides,
once I picked up Noodles at the airport, she was a part of the family and I
couldn't get ride of her if I tried, and I'm sure that Nadine was counting
on that .  Well I still didn't hear from her so I e-mailed her again.
Still nothing.So I e-mailed her telling her that I was going to post her
BAD BUSINESS practices on the FML website.  FINALLY, a responce.  She said
that she couldn't believe what I was saying, and that she was wrong in
thinking that I was a nice person and that she wonders if she should have
sent me one of her fuzzies at all.  She also went on to tell me that there
are plenty of people who would have wanted her baby fuzzie no matter what
sex it was, and that I could post anything I wanted about her on ant
website.

For her satisfaction , I sent her the vet confirmation on the sex of the
fuzzie.  Yes, it's definitely a girl.  Of course , I didn't need a vet to
tell me that, and neither did she.  I've e-mailed her again, and she hasn't
sent me a word.  So here I am, just trying to warn any other potential
ferret buyers/owners of my unfortunate situation w/this breeder.  I've delt
w/other breeders before and never had a problem.  Overall I found Nadine to
be very unprofessional and completely dishonest.  If anyone else out there
has had problems w/this breeder i'd really like to here from you.

Thank You,
Tina

[Moderator's note: I e-mailed the breeder in question a few days ago
to give them a chance to respond to the allegations but I did not
receive a reply.  BIG]