From:
Jeannette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 08:33:32 -0800
Hello,

I am a big time lurker to this list and have a problem with my four ferrets
that is getting worse with time.  Sometime last year I noticed that my
ferrets weren't always using the litter box in the cage.  Sometimes they
used the floor or one of the shelves.  I bought them a new litterbox with a
lower entrance.  It helped a little at the time.  The shelves in the cage
were covered with carpeting and I couldn't get them very clean.

I bought them a Superpets cage with numerous plastic shelves that are easy
to clean.  I set it up with 4 different levels with a litter box on the
bottom.  I noticed that they still were using an upper shelf, so I added
a second litter box up there.  At first they picked one or two shelves to
go on, but now they go wherever they feel like.

I scoop out their litter boxes every day.  Wash down the cage completely
once a week.  I wipe up the messes on the shelves twice a day.

Any suggestions?

Jeannette