Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 23:10:20 -0800
kitten food

Hi all, I just wanted to let everyone know (maybe I'm the only one who
didn't know) that the key ingredients for Iams kitten food on their
official website is incorrect.  The website lists the following key
ingredients:

Chicken, Chicken By-Product Meal, Rice Flour, Corn Meal, Chicken Fat
(preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E, and Citric Acid),
Dried Egg Product, Natural Chicken Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp (sugar removed),
Fish Meal, Potassium Chloride, Brewers Dried Yeast, Vitamins and Minerals.

I believe most of the opinions and information posted on ferret websites
about Iams kitten food is based on the incorrect information listed above.

If you look at the ingredients listed on the outside of a bag of Iams
kitten, you will notice that the ingredients do not match those listed
above.  The ingredients listed on the bag are as follows:

Chicken, chicken by-product meal, ground corn grits, ground sorghum, corn
meal, chicken fat, (and everthing else remains the same)

I first e-mailed Iams about this discrepancy and was informed that the
information on the website was correct.  I followed the email up with a
phone call and after being put on hold for awhile was informed that the
ingredients listed on the website are not what is currently being sold
in stores.  I was told that a formula change was made (in 1999?) made to
improve the food.

Just some food for thought.  I'm sure you can formulate your own opinions
based on the info above.