From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 08:45:38 EST
Yesterday Butch and Maggie went for their distemper shots.  We decided to
do rabies instead since Butch had a horrible reaction last year and our
regular vet was seeing us.  We pretreated with a benidryl injection which
the doctor warned he stings and he would cry.  It sounded more like he
was cussing us out to me!  He ran like a demon into the carrier and began
dragging his bedding in front of him, barricading himself against the evil
people who did this to him!  He must have thought he would be there a long
time since he came forward a little and even dragged the water bowl toward
him.  He then proceeded to tell Maggie about the horror he had just
endured.  Maggie (being big and brave at 760 grams) placed herself in front
of her brother to protect him from any further indignities!  Her reaction
to "the hand of pain" coming into the carrier was to inflict some pain
herself in the form of biting!  No suprise to any of us!

Anyway we stayed at the vet's office for about 45 minutes and then came
home where they slept the day and night away!  I was so happy to get
through it with no adverse reactions.  I was more tired than they were
from worry!  Now for the distempers in February!

Hugs to all the fur angels and their caregivers!

Connie, Butch, (no, no shots) and Maggie (I'll protect you from em')

"I am sometimes asked, "Why do you spend so much of your time and money
talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?
I answer, "I am working at the roots."
George T. Angell