From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:34:29 EST
Tonight I found this strange thing in Maggie's poopie.  It might be a clump
of fur, it might be fabric but it doesn't belong in her digestive tract!
She seems fine, eating, drinking, playing.  She has been more nippy than
normal but frankly nippy is very normal for Maggie.  She did seem to be
pooping less than usual and they looked stringy.

We have an appointment for the 20th for our annual checkup and distemper
shots.  I kept the "thing" and put it in a plastic bag to bring to the vet.
I feel like I should bring her now, today to have her looked at since time
is of the essence in these situations.  I've increased the amount of Ferret
Lax tonight to see if anything else emerges.

Any advice or comments would be helpful.  Butch and Maggie were very sick
during November (possible ECE) and it took so long for them to get better
I don't want to put Maggie through any more problems.

Thanks for listening to a very worried mommy!

Connie, Butch, and Maggie (who believe Mom is obsessed with poo)

"I am sometimes asked, "Why do you spend so much of your time and money
talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?
I answer, "I am working at the roots."
George T.  Angell