From:
Julie LeDuc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 02:57:29 +0000
Dooks to all!!

Okay, this may sound strange...but I'm in need of some advice.

A bit ago I posted about the new additions to my family, first our little
cinnamon girl, Ginger; she is sweet, active playful and full of life!  The
epitome of female ferretdome!  Then I caved, begged, cajoled and finally
won and got Pepper.  He was this cute little MF sable kissyfaced, energetic
wanna-be alpha pretty boy.  Well all this has changed.  Ginger is still
Ginger.  No problem there.  She tries to run with da big boys, tortures the
kitty cats, etc.  No, she's fine...the problem is Pepper.  My sweet little
sable Pepper is no longer little.  He's HUGE.  He weighs almost 5 pounds.
He's by no means obese.  He's muscular and active, energetic and HUGE.  Our
poor Alpha, JoJo barely hangs on to that status; old age and treachery are
the only things keeping him Alpha.  Pepper isn't big and dumb either...he's
quite smart and inventive.  The next thing is he's no longer a typical
sable....he's getting panda markings..the dark ring is almost completely
white.  That doesn't bother me so much as the size change.  He is easily
bigger than our 2 year old DEW, Eduardo (our sweet deaf fuzzier).  The
clincher?  Pepper isn't even a year old.  He's barely 5 months old.  He's
still a baby!  So, the question comes down to: will we cause irreparable
mental damage to our Pepper if we change his name to "Bear"?  He's not
"Pepper" any longer.  The name just doesn't fit him anymore.  Any help
would be appreciated.  Thanks!

--Julie
--JoJo (I am STILL Boss!)
--Eduardo (Hey mommy...the little kid isn't so little anymore....)
--Corey (Mommy, I'm still cute, right?  I'm your sweet dainty little girl,
  right?  I can steal anything I want right?)
--Ginger (Mom, Pepper's bigger than me....!)
--Pepper (*Kat hunk, Kat hunk* Mommy...why does everyone look so small???)