Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:15:37 -0500
We helped DJ cross over at 1 am, it was supposed to be today at noon but
the poor little lady started breathing funny at midnight, and we didn't
want her suffering any longer.  This pretty petite sable came to us 4 1/2
years ago from a friend who wasn't able to spend enough time with her.  At
that time she was quite the little hisser!  She would hiss at Tish, our
other ferret, when Tish would try to play.  She would hiss at a box if it
was sitting in her way, and she would hiss at your feet if they happened
to be standing where SHE wanted to walk!!  Well, DJ calmed down and
things went well and quietly for 3 years until we decided to get two new
additions, then DJ came down with ECE and we found that she had an enlarged
spleen.  After getting her through the ECE and having the spleen removed
she was finally returning to her old little lady self.  She would lay in
her hammock and when others came to join her, she would get underneath the
hammock and try to push them out!  I'd have to come along and put her in
the hammock with them and tell her it's okay to share.  It worked, usually.
We got 3 more additions, one that passed away.

And two more after that.  DJ was always nice, she never beat up any of the
new kids, just hissed at them to stay out of her way!  Unfortunately it was
only a short time of this until she was diagnosed with lymphosarcoma.  At 7
1/2 years old we helped her pass, after giving her the best life we could.

DJ-- we will miss the walks in the park where you'd hide in our jackets.
We'll miss your little hiss telling everyone to leave you alone.  We'll
miss seeing you curled up in YOUR hammock, with your chew ring.  We will
miss you keeping us company by sitting on top of the toilet while we were
getting ready.  We'll even miss you nibbling toes underneath the covers!

Sandee-- DJ never met Fester and Wednesday, who are at the bridge already,
but they should be introduced.  And Kai's there too.  He was always too
sick to get to know DJ, but maybe they can become friends now.

DJ we miss you and love you!
Dave, Michelle and the gang of now only 7-
Tish, Fingers, Cinny, Dargo, Lexx, Chiana, and Lyekka