From:
Tina Cantell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 14:18:08 -0600
Hi fuzzies and fuzzie prisoners,

My name is Tina I am 18 and live in Texas.  I do A LOT of animal rescue.
Yesterday we picked up a BIG dog that had been shot 2 times in the neck
and it is infected.  He is at the vets now and we are wondering were we
are going to get the money for it.  We have over 50 dogs here and 30 cats.
All have been dumped, abanonded, or owver turn-ins.  The shelter down here
is closed and the lady that I live with is the Pres. of the Lake Whitney
Humnae Society until it opens.  Where we live it is a very large dump area.
All of my ferrets have been owner turn-ins.  Honney,Bonnie,Clyde I was
given all at once.  I am owned by 4 ferrets Honey 5, Bonnie and Clyde 6,
and Chester 6.  I should be posting a lot.  I would like to learn more
about ferrets.  Like today when I recieved Chester from his other
family(they were moving IMO they should have taken him but "didn't have
time for him") they told me that he had been declawed!  I NEVER EVER would
have though that you could or needed to declaw a ferret!!!  He seems to
walk fine I am hoping that he will still play.  Any thoughts on that.
Anyone have any declawed ferrets?  Also he is VERY small for being 6 years
old and under weight.  I feed mine Science Diet kitten growth.  So maybe
he will put on some weight that way.  He is also on Vits.  I am going to
worm him with Strongid-T.  That is what we use on dogs and cats.  I was
told by the vet in July that it was OK for ferrets too.  Anything else I
should do for him?

Thanks,
Tina and the Critters