From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 08:37:39 -0500
Kathy
I also made the mistake a couple months ago of letting a "single" mouse
stay in the house.  I had made a deal with him: don't make too much noise
at night, son't leave droppings in the kitchen and don't eat the ferrets'
food, and I won't put out any traps.

For a while all was well, but last month droppings started appearing on the
kitchen counter, and the scratchings and scramblings at night got annoying.
So I put out the live trap and caught a mouse.  Reset the trap the next
night and caught another, and then another, and then another...

In the last 3 weeks or so we have caught 12 mice, some definite babies.
We turn them loose by the dumpster at McDonalds.  (Note you have to take
them at least a mile from your home or they will head right back!) And then
there was the one baby that Buttons found.  It was dead when he brought it
in the bathroom as I was getting ready in the morning.  Don't know if one
of the ferrets killed it or just found it.  He and Cookie argued over it
briefly, and then Cookie ran off with it.  I distracted her with ferretone
and retrieved it.

I pondered whether or not to let them have it.  Finally decided against it
since I didn't want to find little mousy parts under the furniture.

Anyway, we still have mice in the house--heard them the other night running
in the walls.  They no longer go into the kitchen, so I have to figure out
where to put the trap.

Moral: there is no such thing as ONE mouse!

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH