From:
Jean Squires <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 22:40:56 -0800
I give my ferrets raisins as treats.  Usually 2 or 3 a day.  I know that
they are high in sugar.  Could this cause them any health problems.  Kylie
needs his teeth cleaned and I suspect the raisins.

Also, what ferrets steal.  Years ago one of the ferrets stole a box of
raisins.  I found the empty box under the couch.  I offered them a raisin
and Kylie turned his head and walked away.  GUILTY!  Kylie is the shoe
thief.  Buddie was my little sock thief, she also liked potatoes and fruit.
Midnight steals the inside of shoes.  He once stole a juice box and I had
to bribe him with a treat to let go.  Wezzy would steal my son's Winnie the
Pooh blocks.

Buddie died of sickle cell sarcoma.  Her tumor was on her neck.  It was
debulked twice.  The second time her blood couldn't clot and she didn't
make it.  She was 5 1/2 years old.  I know this is rare in ferrets so it
would be hard to research.  I wondered if anyone else had experience with
this?