From:
Jean Squires <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 22:55:26 -0800
My ferret, Elvis, came to me from FURRY 1 1/2 years ago.  He was VERY ill.
His cagemate had died from ECE and he was pretty much recovered and was
adopted out.  He came back a couple weeks later on his deathbed.  He looked
anorexic.  He had a respiritory infection and I'm sure he had an ulcer.
His bloodwork came back all messed up and the vets didn't know why.  All
they could tell me was keep feeding him and see.  For 6 weeks I had to
force feed him A/D with water, subcue him several times, give him
medications for the infection and for his tummy.  He was always grinding
his teeth.  He would foam at the mouth when I gave him medicine he didn't
like.  Towards the end I almost took him to the vet to put him to sleep.
He never played, he hardly walked, he struggled when I fed him.  My husband
kept telling me to wait one more day.  Then one day he decided he was going
to eat.  Now he is the alpha ferret and weighs over 3 lbs!  He is going to
be 3 on Feb 17.  To think he almost didn't see 2!  He is one of my m iracle
ferrets.

Jean