From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 13:39:40 -0500
>From:    Marge Szelmeczka <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: baby ferrets at the pet store
>Question: A friend of mine got a pet store kit for herself for Christmas.
>How contagious is ECE for me to visit her, if I don't handle the ferret?
>My kids ages range from 1 1/3 to 4 years old.

If it were me, I would strip down in the garage, throw the clothes directly
in the whasher and head straight for the shower when I got home.  This
worked well for me after coming home from cleaning cages/litter boxes at
our ECE positive shelter.  You MIGHT be ok if you don't handle them, but
I would rather be safe than sorry.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* South Florida Ferret Help Line, 305-752-7040
*
* Website:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc