From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 08:41:24 -0500
>From:    Debbie Scott <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: The FML, flea control an favorite ferret food
>My choice of flea control is advantage for dogs, the drops of course.  I
>use about 1/2 cc for a full grown ferret.  Never had a problem with it
>and waited years to try it, finally did last year and wish I had done so
>sooner!

0.5cc's is about 10 drops, or about five times more than one is supposed to
use.  I have never had a flea problem so don't have practical experience,
but it is my understanding that one is supposed to use the cat version and
only two drops between the shoulder blades.  I don't know what the safety
margin is, but that stuff is expensive and it must be costing you a lot
more than you need to spend.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* South Florida Ferret Help Line, 305-752-7040
*
* Website:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc