From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:03:36 -0500
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled raisin robbers...

There is one other possibility with why a ferret might get a bottle-brush
tail when being put under anesthesia.  It might be due to the fact that the
ferret's basic instincts know that what is happening just isn't right.  As
a result, instinct is telling the ferret to defend itself, if possible,
from whatever is causing this sudden change in what it deems to be "normal"
actions.

It could also be that the ferret simply doesn't *want* to go to sleep...
because of fear, because its trying to fight whatever is making it sick, or
what have you.  Knowing that it wants to stay away, it does the one thing
that always seems to work, to get itself moving...which results in a
bottle-brush tail.

Either way, thinking of putting down a sick fuzzie makes my heart sick.
I know its for the best for the furbutt, but I've found that the death
of a ferret, no matter what the cause, is something that I just can't get
used to.

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns.

---
Help a Shelter!