From:
Debbie Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:14:43 -0500
Hello all, I have a story to share.  Sunday I had 2 calls waiting for me
on my a m. when I came in from church.  A young lad that seemed so shook
up... wanted me to call him concerning selling his ferret.

Later he called again and we were here to take the call.  The story was
he wanted to sell his boy because his car was in the pound and he was in
need of cash to get it out so he could get to work.  I ask him a thousand
questions mainly to find if the ferret was ok.  He was!  3 hours later he
brought the ferret to my house, less the ferret's cage and toys and all
that good stuff.  (his brother drove him)  He said there was not enough
room to haul the cage and he has a goal to buy his ferret back.  Nice 6
month old mf albino and well mannered.  Broke my heart to see this couple
have to part, the boy was in tears.  We talked while the ferret got use to
my home.

The story: One fight and charged with domestic violence can land ya many
days in jail, your car taken away, never to own a firearm again and not
even able to keep your pet!!!!  All is takes is loosing your temper and
getting the police involved in your life.  Just think... with-in 10 minutes
your whole life can change forever!!!  His roots is h is grandpa, rest his
soul, was our little towns police chief for several years..not a finer
fellow there was.  One of the very few honest police officers ever.  I will
hope young Jason will get on his feet again soon and avoid evil.  Tig was
in mint condition when he got here and that says alot.  I have never walked
in young Jason's footsteps and hope to God I never do!!!!  But I do know at
one time I could have easly been in his shoes..  back in my younger days.
Young and foolish and thinking we had the whole world under our control.
People remember, count your blessings... if your life is as good as mine
you sure have much to be thankful for.  I am thankful for so very much, a
husband that loves me and all the animals I drag in, he encourages me and
prays for me.  He takes pity on the poor and has one of the kindest hearts
of any human I have ever met.  He believes that folks need to use their
heads and stay debt free so they can be "free." I have learned much from
this man these past 18 years, wish I were more like him.  Well I wanted to
share this story with you all and hope it will help someone down the road
to use their head and stay away from trouble, wish Jason had and I am sure
Tig feels the same way....

Remember, one wrong move and your life can change forever......
debbie scott