From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 22:01:03 -0800
Mornin' Folks!

Yvonne, you were right to ask for information on Marshall Farms.  Another
thing you would be unaware of since you are new to the list is that what
you may take as short or curt from the Killians is just a no nonsense
writing style.  Also this is a subject they feel strongly about, and have
most likely gotten much grief over, both public and private, because their
opinion differs so dramatically from most of the rest of the list.  When
they discuss it, providing they have not been attacked, it is with
to-the-point answers.  Their response to you was informative as far as how
they feel about the situation, as well as being a different viewpoint from
most others you might get, which is exactly what you were looking for, and
I didn't read ANYTHING which could be called "bitterness" or a "reprimand."
Though, as I said, as a new member of the list, you would not know to
expect that kind of to-the-point answer.

Also as a new member of the list, you would not be aware of the
"bitterness" Ms. Eisenman has toward the Killians, and perhaps vice versa.
You should not have had to experience that either.  Nearly anything either
one of them has to say about the other MUST be taken with a grain of salt.
Personally, I disagree with Ms Eisenman more than I agree with her, and I
agree with the Killians more than I disagree with them.  Others on this
list are different.

I myself, have grown tired of the entire situation, and with few exceptions
skip any post from either one which mentions the other.  I do still read
the Killians' posts, because often the information contained therein is
fairly interesting, and usually remains of a scientific or technical
nature, though they are VERY opinionated.  (Not necessarily a bad thing,
just something to be aware of.)

You are right in assuming this list is for the benefit of ferrets, through
education and support of those people owned by them.  For the most part we
are a happy and content community, who join together in times of need and
always find a little bit of our hearts to give to each other.  NEVER choose
NOT to ask a question.  You WILL learn quickly, as all of us have, that
there are certain subjects which spark heated debates, and those are
usually best to avoid, unless you are ready to deal with the negativity
of some on the list.  Marshall Farms, ADV, the AFA, Choices of kibble and
other nutritional disagreements have all sparked flame wars between certain
parties on this list.  My advice is be careful, and make sure you get to
know the people on this list before you start taking one person's word
over another's.  And that includes me, and this post. :-)

One last thing, Yvonne, dear.  WELCOME!!  We are glad to have you!  Give
kisses to your fuzzy from me.  Know that you have a whole lot of people
who are ready and willing to help you with your questions, and ready to
share your happy moments and your sad ones. :-)

Melissa Barnes
Mira, Cael, Tasha and Robin
www.geocities.com/lostferrets

=====