From:
Hey Hey Hey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 19:21:25 -0500
Hello All,

I wrote sometime back about my little female Rinkydink who was diagnosed
with eosiniphilic enteritis.  Thank you very much for your input Dr.
Williams!!  Ever since then I have been on the hunt for info regarding the
disease.

In talking to a vet tech today about this disease it was mentioned that
some circles thought that it is caused by food allergies.  The vet tech
said that in dogs and cats, if they are weaned too early, they develope
serious allergies to food.  This is very interesting because when I got
Rinkydink as a kit, she did not know what to do with kibble.  She had not
been weaned before she was shipped out.  I spent several months trying to
get her digestive system up and going.  I also posted to this list during
this time asking for advice.

Has anyone ever heard of this before?  Is there a co-relation between a
too early wean and food allergies leading to eosiniphilic entritis.

Anastasia if you are reading this, was Chris weaned when you got him?  Did
you get him as a kit?

Thanks for taking the time to reply,

HappyTails,
Karen