From:
Hey Hey Hey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 09:25:55 -0400
Hi Sandee,

Quite a while back I had a little rescue named Frolic.  She had adrenal
and I took her to a vet that said he knew what he was doing.  I thought I
was doing the best thing for her so altho I couldnt really afford it, I
scheduled her for surgery.

On the day I took Frolic in I went to give her some lovin's before I left.
Little Frolic held onto me for dear life.  I put her back in her carrier
anyways.  I should have listened to her.

When I went back to get Frolic, the vet told me she did not make it.  He
said Frolic's right adrenal was very bad.  He told me he had never done a
right before but did not want to close her back up without doing anything
so he went ahead and tried.  He told me that by the time he was finished
getting the tumor he had cut her vena cava into.  He lost Frolic on the
table.

Sandee, please tell Frolic I am so sorry.  I have learned a lot since her
death.  She taught me to conduct a very thourough interview of any vet that
sees my ferrets, be they mine or rescues.  Please tell Frolic that I am so
sad that a combination of ignorance on the part of the vet and myself cost
her her life.  Please tell her that I think of her daily and that I hope
she forgives me and is waiting at the Bridge for me.  I will be looking
for her when I get there.  Please tell her Big Fun is doing fine and loves
her still.

Karen