From:
Jennifer H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:43:20 -0800
I am fostering a sable baby girl that was pulled out of a pet store with an
allergic reaction on the pads of her feet.  She is about 16-18 weeks old
and a real sweetheart.  Her feet cleared up within a few days and we've
been working on social skills and litterbox habits!

She was named Roxi by the girl's at the vet's office.  Roxi is a dark sable
little fireball!  She is very affectionate and loves to cuddle, she is not
upset in the least about being held (versus the 'let me down to run' of
most kits!).  She does love to chase feet, but is quite good about hands.
She plays rough, but has learned very quickly not to bite.  She will attack
your hand in play when she is in the cage, never mean, just tries to drag
you into a sack!

Roxi is still learning how to be a ferret.  She has spent all but the last
few weeks in a fairly small enclosure and has very few true ferret habits.
She absolutely adores human interaction though.  She has been allowed
playtime the past few days with some of my group, just to assess social
skills.  She is rather afraid and runs like crazy from other ferrets,
though she is quite curious.  She shows no signs of aggression and with
patience and a loving family will no doubt enjoy being a member of a
furpile!  But, if someone is looking for a very special, human loving
ferret for an only furkid, Roxi would be a wonderful candidate.  She would
positively blossom with lots of attention and interaction, no doubt being a
lap sleeper!  She already falls alseep in my arms.

Roxi loves to play with any kind of balls, she went bonkers the first night
when I put her in the bathroom to chase balls.  It was apparent she had
never seen ferret toys before and spent well over an hour chasing balls and
fleece toys.  It was actually sad in a sense, knowing she had spent so much
of her first weeks of life caged....

But, Roxi is ready to start a new life.  If you would like the be the
special person to share a home with Roxi, please visit www.kistaferret.com
and fill out the adoption application.  All guidelines in place for KiSta
adoptions must be meet, including her adoption fee and vet reference.

Roxi has been with us, so pics are not on the website of her, but I will
be more than happy to send pictures to anyone interested in this little
furball!

Hugs to all,

Jen