Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:25:21 -0600
I recently adopted Feivel who also happens to be a former shelter rescue
ferret.  He is a 5 y/o BIG chunk.  I took him to Doc Sara Saturday for a
checkup.  Want to throw out a few things for feedback.

Doc Sara is a K-State grad and they have a good exotic program, but most
of the treatment would have to be at K-State....that is a NO.  Besides
K-State beating Nebraska this year, I am in KC, MO and that would be quite
the jaunt to go to K-State.  Have another local that Doc Sara is going to
consult with.

Probelms are:
Mature cataracts.  Apparently the drops available would not be of benefit
to mature cataracts?

Enlarged spleen.  Apparently by xray, no suspicious lymphs or other organ
involvement.  Doc Sara indicates two opinions, one could be cancer, but
otherwise, this fella may just have an over active spleen?  The suggestion
was for an ultrasound guided needle aspiration and bloodwork for more
definitive diagnosis.  Again the aspiration would only be availble at
K-State.

Doc Williams if you happen to stop by, would like your always valued input.
Would also always appreciate any other feedback others would like to share
that may have had similar experiences.

Kevin