From:
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:32:25 EST
I know how Kim must feel right now because I have been bashed around a few
times myself.  At one time I had stopped asking for any kind of help for
the shelter because I was told that I was begging and if I can't run the
shelter myself then I should shut it down.

Sadly, I almost considered doing that, closing down.  But then my ferret
brain kicked in and said to heck with those people and have carried on
since then.  Just recently I had to make a "friend" of mine remove her 13
ferrets from my house.  They had been here almost a year and I hardly got
any board for them, that she offered to pay!  And she also was supposed
to help with the shelter on the months she didn't have board money.  In
those months I saw her charge her credit cards up to the max, but more
animals, had a wonderful Christmas, but no money for the shelter.  As for
her helping, well lets just say she didn't even are for her own ferrets
properly.

Well, the short of it is that I have found out she is trying to bash myself
and my shelter to a few people, with help of her boyfriend of course.  As
this upsets me to a great extent, only because I thought I was really
being nice to her, I have considered the source.  So to Kim or anyone else
running a shelter, you know there are people going to try to hurt your
reputation sooner or later, and you have to just hang in and realize that
the only people that really count are the ones that really know the work
you do.  Those people won't let a basher change their minds about helping
you or believing in your cause.

The ones that want to believe the rumors or BS are the ones you don't need
around anyway, they are blood suckers and will only bring you down in the
long run, I know, been there, done that.

Kim keep up the good work, be yourself.  BTW, I have tattoos also, and
would have more if I didn't have so many mouths to feed.  Oh, my I must
be a baddd shelter mom to.

My ferrets thing my tats are cool and wonder what ferret farm I come from
cause my tats are better than theirs!

Take care,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Shelter And Rescue