From:
Michelle Alverson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:27:36 -0800
Blessings to all of the sick children (yes, I mean ferrets) out there.  I
just wanted to get into the mode of posting more often.  A few weeks ago I
posted about opening a shelter in central Florida.  I was honestly nervous
about all the flaming e-mail I might receive.  I am absolutely touched and
delighted to write that all I got was SUPPORT.  THAT is wahat it is all
about.  The ferret community sticking together, supporting each other in
every way.  That's my $.02 on the whole Kim thing...Stop the pettiniess-
if we fight among ourselves- we've already lost!

On the lighter side, our P.O. box will be set up tommorrow.  We HAD a name
but it is obviously taken LOLOL  It WAS Wayward Weasels.  I search for it
and never found it on the net..  so I guess it's back to the drawing board
on that one.  We are thinking of Ferrets -N- Limbo, Frolicking Ferret
Shelter, or simply Central Florida Ferret Rescue.  Just not good with names
I guess..  any input is deeply appreciated.  After the name is picked and
changed, our papers are already to send in for our "corporation" number.
(needed before the non-profit status)

Again, I'd like to pubically thanks those that wrote me back with
support.  It truely was exciting and uplifting!!

If anyone is interested or has stuff to donate- we are having a yardsale
the last Saturday/Sunday in Feb.  We really need to borrow tables too if
possible.  If you are in the area and can help or have stuff to get rid
of..  please e-mail me and I'd be happy to pick it up.  We are also
planning a car wash sometime towards the end of March.  (It's Florida so
it's not really winter LOL)

Thanks again and I'm very sorry this is so darn long!!

Wishing everyone and their children well!!

-Michelle