From:
Michelle Alverson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 20:29:14 -0800
Hi all!  Good thoughts too everyone and their fuzzies!  I have been lurking
for about a year now with just a few posts so I guess a quick intro is
due :)

My name is Michelle and I have 12 ferts, my oldest being 5+.  I am located
in Orlando,Fl and as you all know the Miami shelter closed not too long
ago.  As of this year- our local shelter also closed it's doors.  This area
needs a good shelter- a long standing one- and i would like to run it.
Now BEFORE I get horrible e-mails about the downsides- I am aware of the
heartache and hard work.  I am, however, also aware of the rewards.  My
best friend, a C.V.T. will be running the shelter with me.  Together we
both have a great extenet of experience and knowledge.

I am basically asking the shelter operators, volunteers, and general public
some basic questions.  If you have any "musts" and "wish I hads" out there
pleas let me know- knowledge is power:)

As for a few questions...

How do you get SPCA approved and it is neccesarry isn't it?  Do you use a
P.O. box or your home address?  How do you sanitate people before letting
them visit the shelter kids?  Do you ADV test all the kids?  Many mor
questions but I'll start with a few.

Thanks soooo much in advance!!!!!
-Michelle