From:
Jo- Mannix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 12:35:42 -0500
I posted anonymously in error yesterday... I want to be clear on something
I was not bashing Petco AT ALL... I still go there... Yes they do take them
in the back to care for them if they are to young and are known to take
them home.... My problem was with this particular breeder....(which was not
Marshall) And I contacted the breeder and there response was deplorable...
they said the problem was being addressed there is such a overwhelming
demand for ferrets we are trying to keep up with it...I recieved a phone
call from the corporate headquarters at Petco this morning... the women was
very concerned about the situation after my phone call on Friday and she
called the breeder...The women I spoke to runs 55 Petco stores... and she
told them NOT to ship any ferrets to her store at 4 weeks they are not
ready they are having health problems and are needing to be bottle fed
still.... she said not to ship them until 6 weeks... the breeder agreed and
she also was on the phone when my little furball was crying and she was
basically heartbroken... she asked if I took him to the Vet And I said of
course I did I explained the infection he had and that its a good thing I
took him because it could have been fatal she is having Petco pay for all
the vet bills and follow up vet bills ... and Most importantly she is
making sure that the ferrets are not brought into the store before 6
weeks.... She said ferrets seem to be the pet of the year.... I told her
well thats not surprising to me....lets hope they all are the healthy and
happy loved pets of the year ....

I hope noone misunderstood.. I was not bashing Petco..I was not bashing
anyone I was simply saying that something needs to be done on the early
shipment of ferrets....

Jo- Mannix , Chuma, Jazmine, Xena, Gabrielle, Lucky, Mushy, and Snapple